The CTrides Emergency Ride Home Program (ERH)
The CTrides Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program is a service provided by the Connecticut Department of Transportation for employees who work in Connecticut and who regularly use a greener commute to work. If an unexpected emergency arises, the ERH program will reimburse commuters who meet the guidelines below for their trip up to four (4) times a year.
- Program flexibility – Trips can be taken to a home, a park and ride lot,
or to a child’s school, among others. Eligible modes from work include
on-demand ride services (Uber or Lyft), taxi, or a ride with a coworker
- Generous allowances – Four reimbursements per year with a maximum of $200 allowance per trip
- Easy online reimbursement process
- Simple for employers
- CTrides handles administration and trip reimbursement
Search to see if your company participates in the CTrides ERH Program. If you would like your company to be signed up for the Emergency Ride Home Program, please get in touch.
# a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
- 3PL Worldwide
- Albertus Magnus
- Amazon Fulfillment Center BDL2
- Amazon Fulfillment Center BDL3
- Amazon Fulfillment Center BDL4
- Center for Latino Progress
- Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
- Chabaso Bakery, Inc.
- Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- Connecticut Airport Authority
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Connecticut Convention Center
- Connecticut Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Connecticut Department of Developmental Services
- Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (Hartford)
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (New Britain)
- Connecticut Department of Labor
- Connecticut Department of Public Health (Hartford)
- Connecticut Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
- Connecticut Department of Social Services (Hartford)
- Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Connecticut Green Bank
- Connecticut Innovations
- Connecticut Mental Health Center
- Connecticut National Guard
- Connecticut Office of Early Childhood
- Connecticut State Insurance Department
- Connecticut Valley Hospital
- Connecticut Valley Industries
- Connecticut Water Service, Inc.
- Conning Inc.
- Continuum of Care Inc.
- Datto, Inc.
- Gateway Community College
- General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Global Steering Systems
- IFG Companies
- Job Corps New Haven
- Key Bank – New Haven
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions
- Law Offices of John Andreini
- Nassau Financial Group
- Office of Policy and Management
- Office of the Attorney General
- Office of the Secretary of the State
- Office of the State Comptroller
- OKAY Industries
- Pathway Lighting Products, Inc.
- Pierce Care
- Pitney Bowes (Danbury)
- Pitney Bowes (Shelton)
- Pitney Bowes (Stamford)
- Post University
- Pratt and Whitney
- SEA Corp.
- Shipman & Goodwin
- Tauck Tours
- The Hartford
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Thule Inc.
- Town of West Hartford
- TSKP Studios
- Tyler Equipment
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- U.S. District Court (Connecticut)
- UConn Avery Point Campus
- UConn Hartford
- UConn Health Center
- UConn Law School
- UConn School of Business
- UConn Stamford
- UConn Storrs
- UConn Waterbury
- USDOT Federal Highway Administration – Connecticut Division
- Vibrant Health
- Waterbury Gardens for Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Wesleyan University
- West Hartford Health and Rehab
- West Haven VA
- Wiggin & Dana, LLP
- Workers’ Compensation Commission
- XL Center
- Yale University
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hartford Express Bus riders who use a monthly or 31-day pass
- Hartford Express Bus riders who use a registered Go CT Card for fare payment and have taken 34 or more trips within the previous 31 days
- Rail parking shuttle commuters going to/from the Westport, South Norwalk, and Greenwich train stations that use a monthly ticket
- CTrail Hartford Line Monthly Pass holders
- CTrail Shore Line East Monthly Pass holders
- Carpoolers whose employer has registered for the ERH program
- Vanpoolers whose employer has registered for the ERH program
- Bicycle riders whose employer has registered for the ERH program
- Registered Go CT Card users who have taken 34 or more trips on a Hartford Express Bus route within the previous 31 days
- Unexpected personal or family illness/emergency
- Unexpected mandatory overtime
- Vanpool / carpool driver has emergency or unscheduled overtime
- Vanpool breakdowns
- Building evacuation or shutdown due to unexpected emergency
- Rides to work
- Personal errands or pre-planned appointments
- Scheduled overtime
- Scheduled / unscheduled vanpool maintenance
- Weather-related events
- Transit systems delays/closures
- On-the-job injury
- Shift times that end outside of transit service hours
|Acceptable Destinations||Trip Allowance||Eligible Modes|
Additional Guidelines and Restrictions
- Students are only eligible for the program if they are a monthly Hartford Express Bus Rider who uses a monthly or 31-day pass.
- Students are also eligible if they use a registered Go CT Card for fare payment and have taken 34 or more trips on a Hartford Express Bus route within the previous 31 days.
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 30 days of the trip.
- A qualified trip expense exceeding $200 will be paid at the capped amount.
- The ERH program is not to be used for emergency medical care in lieu of an ambulance or other appropriate medical transport service or for work-related injuries.
- Commuters whose trips or emergencies cannot be verified will not be reimbursed for their expense.
- Rail parking shuttle commuters only – Rides are available to or from Westport, South Norwalk, and Greenwich stations, whenever New Haven Line trains are running and shuttles are not.
- The ERH program may be changed at any time without notice and reimbursement requests do not guarantee payment.
- Only eligible for employees who work in Connecticut at their organization’s Connecticut location(s).
Steps to follow when an emergency arises:
- Verify that your trip is eligible and meets program guidelines.
- Arrange for emergency transportation.
- Take the trip, pay for the emergency ride, and keep the receipt!
- Click here to submit reimbursement request